Regular attendance and punctuality are important if children are to take part fully in the life of the school and to take advantage of the learning opportunities offered by the school.
We recognise that attending school regularly and punctually are vital to the educational process and encourages a good pattern.
At Callicroft Primary Academy we:
- encourage good attendance and discourage lateness.
- monitor patterns of absence and take actions to seek improvement if appropriate.
- identify unauthorised absence and take appropriate action.
- establish a common school procedure for filling in registers.
- differentiate between authorised and unauthorised absence
We accept our role in partnership with parents/carers.
Parents/carers have a legal responsibility to ensure regular attendance and punctual arrival in the morning and collection at the end of the school day.
The School's responsibility is to support attendance and examine problems that may lead to non-attendance. To do this we keep a register of attendance at the start of every morning and afternoon session.
Parents are expected to call the absence line 01454 867198 before registration if a child will not be attending school that day, stating the reason for absence.
Medical evidence may be required in the form of an appointment card or prescription.